The Piney Branch Elementary School Counseling Program's mission is to ensure that every student learns and achieves through a comprehensive and developmental counseling program which, addresses the needs of students, parents, teachers, administrators, and members of the community. The Piney Branch Counseling program seeks to educate and prepare all students to be lifelong learners and responsible world citizens.
At Piney Branch Elementary School, the school counseling department will be creative, hard-working, kind, and safe. The counselors will work to prepare students to be life-long learners, and quality citizens in our ever-changing society.
Beliefs and Philosophy
The Professional School Counselors at Piney Branch Elementary School believe:
- Every Student is unique, worthy of dignity and respect
- Every student shall have equal rights and opportunity to participate in the school counseling program
- Every student regardless of sex, class, socioeconomic status, cultural, racial and special needs is accommodated in the school counseling program
- Every student is capable of success
The Professional School Counselors at Piney Branch Elementary School will:
- Provide a safe learning environment for every student
- Provide services and support based on the needs of students and the school community gathered from data
- Structure the Comprehensive School Counseling Program based of the ASCA National Model to ensure that it is effective and needs are being met
- Advocate for students, teachers, parents/guardians, administrators and the community so that every student will succeed
- Participate in training, enrichment and professional development activities to enhance the effectiveness of the counseling program